DIP56 Provide pragma to control function inlining

Mike none at none.com
Sun Feb 23 04:21:01 PST 2014

On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 12:07:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP56
>
> Manu has needed always inlining, and I've needed never
> inlining. This DIP proposes a simple solution.

Is this a front-end thing or something specific to DMD?  I'm
wondering because I'd like something like this for GDC and LCD
when targeting ARM microcontrollers.  The inline keyword makes
quite a significant performance improvement in one of my current
C++ projects, and I anticipate the same result when I convert it
to D.

Any chance of adding a "optimize, true/false" pragma also to get
around the lack of a volatile keyword? (Just a question, I don't
mean to hijack this thread and turn into another volatile keyword
debate).

Mike