DIP56 Provide pragma to control function inlining

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:38:16 PST 2014

23-Feb-2014 16:07, Walter Bright пишет:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP56
>
> Manu has needed always inlining, and I've needed never inlining. This
> DIP proposes a simple solution.

Why pragma? Also how exactly it is supposed to work:

pragma(inline, true);
... //every declaration that follows is forcibly inlined?
pragma(inline, false);
... //every declaration that follows is forcibly NOT inlined?

How to return to normal state then? I think pragma is not attached to
declaration.

I'd strongly favor introducing a compiler-hint family of UDAs and
force_inline/force_notinline as first among many.

--
Dmitry Olshansky