DIP56 Provide pragma to control function inlining

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 23 12:46:33 PST 2014

On 2/23/2014 5:07 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Part of the reason for forced inline is always inlining some core primitives,
> even in debug builds.

Right - and if the compiler won't do it, how does the error message help?

 > I wouldn't not like to ever have to get down and look at ASM for every
function just to make sure it was inlined.

By the time you get to the point of checking on inlining, you're already looking
at the assembler output, because the function is on the top of the profile of
time wasters, and that's how you take it to the next level of performance.

The trouble with an error message, is what (as the user) can you do about it?