DIP56 Provide pragma to control function inlining

QAston qaston at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 14:38:25 PST 2014

On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 21:53:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm aware of that, but once you add the:
>
>     version(BadCompiler) { } else pragma(inline, true);
>
> things will never get better for BadCompiler.

This is exactly what caused mess with http user agent info when
both browsers tried to present web pages better and web devs
tried to tune their pages to browsers with distinct features. Now
chrome says it's Mozilla, khtml, gecko and safari. But, is that
really a problem? I don't think much code relies on compiler
intrinsics. If it does perhaps a way to specify attributes in one
place and then reference those (like CUSTOM_INLINE define in C)
would help.