DIP56 Provide pragma to control function inlining

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 16:51:38 PST 2014

Le 23/02/2014 13:07, Walter Bright a écrit :
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP56
>
> Manu has needed always inlining, and I've needed never inlining. This
> DIP proposes a simple solution.

I saw many times C++ developers works on applications doesn't need such
level optimization puts inline keyword or implementation in headers
files without doing any performance analysis!!! And as I saw they don't
know X86 neither,...
For those doesn't have necessary knowledge it's just counter productive
and increase the compilation times without evidence of the interest.

So my point is this kind of feature have to be hidden from newbies (like
me) and other developers who are zealous.