C++ Binding Generator

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 23:40:24 PST 2014

On 17 February 2014 06:05, Abdulhaq <alynch4047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 16 February 2014 at 02:37:50 UTC, michaelc37 wrote:
>

>>> The code is tested and just-about one-click build. Currently it's
>>> in a subversion repository but I plan to move to github. I'd love
>>> someone to use Smidgen to try wrapping a small C++ library as I
>>> think it would make the job quite easy, if anyone reads this
>>> (since I have not formally announced the thing yet) then please
>>> let me know and I'll get the code out there).
>>>
>>>  yes github please.. i'd like to check this out.
>>

> OK I believe that smidgen is now fully hosted on github.
>
> Using smidgen as it stands I would hope that you could wrap a simple C++
> library. However, no-one else has tried it yet so there are bound to be a
> few teething problems, please feel free to email me (anyone trying it out
> or just taking a look) at alynch4047 at gmail dot com if you have any
> questions / problems. Alternatively perhaps we could use one of the forums
> here??
>
> I have not yet uploaded the initial Qt5 wrapping (or VTK), I'll try to do
> that over the next day or two.

This is awesome. I have a comprehensive game engine, and I've been looking
for a solution to auto-generate my D bindings, but so far, I haven't found
anything capable of doing a proper job.
I'll definitely be checking this out. I maintain bindings by hand
currently, and I'm often fighting with keeping them in sync.

I have a couple of interesting requirements, I'll be curious to see how it
works out in practise.