Strategy for Traction

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Feb 24 02:20:54 PST 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-23 at 19:53 +0000, bearophile wrote:
[…]
> Unfortunately ShedSkin is now essentially dead. And Julia could
> replace Python in some usages, because of its performance.

I have it on good authority, i.e. from a person writing a book who has
the ShedSkin author as a reviewer, that ShedSkin never took off. It is
not dead. This same author may pick up and run with ShedSkin over the
summer. Of course there is also Pythran.

Same author confirms that there is a lot of leaving Java for Python, not
to mention IPython now connects to Julia as well as SciPy.

Definitely an ideal time for D to have a high profile as a computational
language that is easy to program with and connects easily to Python.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk