Cumulative

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 00:24:09 PST 2014

"qznc" <qznc at web.de> writes:

> Sounds a little like the :after mechanism of the Common Lisp Object
> System (CLOS). They also have :before, if your extra code should run
> before the super-call. The third variant is :around, which is like the
> default overwriting in D et. al.

Yes! - and CLOS came from my all time favorite playland, the Symbolics
Lisp Machine with its version of OOP called Flavors.

See page 25 section 1.12 Method Combination and you will see a zoo of
ways to combine methods from a class ineritance hierarchy.

ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/pdf/AIM-602.pdf

A fun read.  I wonder what David Moon is doing today?
--
Dan