Some files reappearing in dlang repo that should be dead (or: stop pushing upstream)

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 01:13:11 PST 2014

"Andrej Mitrovic"  wrote in message
news:fbsvnfnncukdtkftcffj at forum.dlang.org...

> We should really **always** use pull requests, otherwise these types of
> commits slip in without notice. I keep seeing people say "Oh I've fixed
> this in master just 10 minutes ago with a force push". And then crap like
> this[1] happens. There seem to be more than one person pushing directly to
> master, I've seen it done by Walter, Daniel, Kenji, Martin, etc. Please
> guys, stop pushing upstream.

I agree.  I wish we could disable all changes to master not done by merging
a pull request (can we?).  Unfortunately sometimes pushing directly to
master is unavoidable, usually because Walter broke it.

I strongly recommend everyone with push-access to the main repo set their
upstream remote to read-only.