Some files reappearing in dlang repo that should be dead (or: stop pushing upstream)

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Feb 25 05:56:50 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 13:33:56 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 2/25/14, Daniel Murphy <yebbliesnospam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I strongly recommend everyone with push-access to the main
>> repo set their
>> upstream remote to read-only.
>
> I didn't even know this was a feature, can you elaborate how to
> do this?

I think a trivial way to do that is to change the protocol to
git://, as you can only pull over it.

It looks like you can also override the push URL, and if it is
set to an invalid value, you'll effectively disable pushing to
that remote:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10270027/can-i-mark-a-git-remote-as-read-only