Top-3 for 2.066

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:24:39 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 18:14:07 UTC, michaelc37 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 12:35:18 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>>> 3. ref doesn't accept rvalues. Can't declare ref locals
>>> (pointers change
>>> semantics).
>>>
>>> These above anything else are interfering with my work every
>>> day.
>>>
>>> What are yours?
>>
>> Every year again: rvalue references. :)
> +1
>
> Did a solution come out of this thread?
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/km3k8v$80p$1@digitalmars.com?page=1
>
> is it dip39?
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP39

No Andrei insist on his proposed solution which works already for
templates: auto ref
But nobody has implemented a good enough proposal which convinced
him and Walter.

I tried something nearly a year ago:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ntsyfhesnywfxvzbemwc@forum.dlang.org#post-ntsyfhesnywfxvzbemwc:40forum.dlang.org
It resulted in DIP 36: http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP36 which was