http://www.rust-ci.org/

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 25 20:50:49 PST 2014

On 2/25/14, 8:30 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:27:33 -0800, Kapps <opantm2+spam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We use Bamboo at work and I like it quite a lot. Like all Atlassian
> products it's free for Open-Source projects and it comes with source
> code. It also has a very expansive REST API.
>
> But I'm not opposed to any CI so long as it does what we need it to do.
> Mostly we just need CI. I still think that the Auto-Tester would be the
> path of least resistance on this...

The 'build' part of the auto-tester is the easiest part.  The majority
of the logic is in what to build when and the user interface on top of
that state.  None of that exists for this use case.  It's not hard
logic, but it would need to be built.

This use case can likely also ignore the multi-platform part and stick
to just building on one which simplifies the job significantly.  And it
can also likely all be done on one box since it's likely that it can all
be done in a relatively short period of time.

All that, in my mind, suggests that while it could be integrated into
the auto-tester, it gains little in doing so and puts more work on my
plate and more load on already loaded systems.  I think having a new
volunteer involved would be more long term beneficial.

Later,
Brad