Top-3 for 2.066

Tofu Ninja emmons0 at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 26 06:59:51 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 26 February 2014 at 12:19:32 UTC, Daniel Murphy
wrote:
> "Brad Anderson"  wrote in message
> news:gzknvsxmtkqoukkdkfjd at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> I do find myself agonizing over what vote to drop whenever I
>> hit a new issue I want to add a vote for so I'm in favor of
>> this too.
>
> That's the point.  Currently a vote means "this issue is in my
> top 10" or at least "this bug annoyed me enough I made a
> bugzilla account" but with many votes each it simply means "I
> have encountered this bug"/"I have seen this bug report".  The
> more votes per user the closer they get to a meaningless "+1".
>
> Then again, I never look at votes when deciding which issues to
> fix, so changing it won't really affect me either way.

Statistically speaking, making a vote more meaningless and
increasing the total quantity of votes will actually increase the
accuracy of the statistic. When looking at a single person, a 10
ten does hold more value than a top 50 or top 100. But when
looking at the aggregate of all votes, more votes is better.