Dart and D: features that could be used in D, D->dart for web programming

Craig Dillabaugh cdillaba at cg.scs.carleton.ca
Thu Feb 27 10:37:49 PST 2014

On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 18:20:20 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
clip

> Like it or not, JavaScript is good enough.

Really? I've been stuck for the past week or so trying to put
together a browser based UI using JavaScript + HTML for a work
related project.  It has been a painful experience. In fairness
to JavaScript, I didn't know the language very well coming in,
but still I've found working in this setting rather frustrating.

If the future of applications is really client-server based
applications, where the client is basically a VM (if we consider
the browser a VM of sorts) surely there is room for a better
development model than this HTML + Javascript mongrel.