Cumulative

Shammah Chancellor anonymous at coward.com
Thu Feb 27 13:44:19 PST 2014

On 2014-02-26 16:05:19 +0000, Steve Teale said:

> On Wednesday, 26 February 2014 at 13:30:15 UTC, Leandro Motta Barros wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm coming late to the discussion, but I believe that you can use the
>> following idiom to achieve the same results in a different way:
>>>
> Yes we went through that, if you go back a page you'll find a post I
> did that makes the thing work better using a class variable in the base
> class that is an array of delegates.
>
> That way you don't have to do super, super, super back to root, you
> just have to iterate over the delegates until you find one that accepts
> the command.
>
> It does just what I wanted to do in the first place without compiler assistance
>   ;=).
>
> Steve

Actually, D has the ability to walk the object hierarchy at compile
time, and generate a function call containing all the super classes's
handleCommands.  You could also even tag them with an attribute
structure to list which command #'s they accept to be able to generate
a switch, or bunch of if's to avoid function calls.

-S.