Dart and D: features that could be used in D, D->dart for web programming

Timothee Cour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 16:49:37 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>wrote:

> Walter Bright:
>

>  * optional named parameters arguments (with simplest possible syntax)
>>>
>> This comes up now and then. The problem with it is it makes function
>> overloading a near impossibility to untangle.
>>

> Do you have an example of the problem?

Not sure what the problem would be. We could apply the same rules as for
template overloading, ie error when there's a potential ambiguity (or even
disable overloading for functions with named parameter until details are
ironed out). Many languages have this, for good reason (discussed, again,
many times).