A Proposal to Add 2D Graphics Rendering and Display to C++

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Thu Feb 27 20:14:39 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 26 February 2014 at 17:10:01 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 16:40 +0000, NA wrote:
>> This is an updated document and is quite interesting.
>>
>> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3888.pdf
>>

> https://groups.google.com/a/isocpp.org/forum/#!
> msg/std-proposals/IaaG316uPjo/9N4YsRYX4nkJ
>
> Is worth a look.

It seems to favour Cairo as a starting point. I bet the D
community could win a race with the C++ lot to implement it. D
makes you much more productive.

For any who don't know what Cairo does, the app I'm working on -
COMPO - is pretty much a showcase for what it, and the associated
text rendering library Pango, can do - britseyeview.com/compo/.