Old Machines and XP for Linux(not really a D topic)

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Feb 28 10:04:43 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 12:20:14 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:

> If you're talking Linux, why not just use Linux?

To people who can just about manage to use outdated software on
XP, it's probably a big deal to switch to Linux. And is that
outdated version of Quickbooks available to run under Linux?

You are living in a different world, so don't just assume that
the knowledge and availability of equipment that you are
accustomed to exists elsewhere.

I was being semi-sarcastic, since as far as I'm concerned,
Windows could die tomorrow. What I said was that Microsoft might
be doing themselves a favour in the long term if ...

Steve