Top-3 for 2.066

SomeDude lolilol at mytrashmail.com
Fri Feb 28 23:12:10 PST 2014

On Saturday, 1 March 2014 at 05:00:08 UTC, Mike wrote:
> On Saturday, 1 March 2014 at 03:47:37 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
>> You didn't explain why you need this feature and its benefits.
>
> I didn't think an explanation was necessary, but ok.
>
> Right now there's no way to quantify your preference.  You can
> only say you want the bug fixed or you don't.  You don't get to
> say how badly you want it fixed.  Being able allocate more of
> your allowance to something allows you to quantify its value.
> allocate more towards one issue gives you less to allocate
> towards other issues.

I didn't get it was in the context of keeping a limited number of
possible votes. I understood the original request was to remove
the cap on votes/person. Those two features are mutually
exclusive.

What coud be also possible is capping a number of
votes/person/month (if the system allws that). That would allow
someone to cast 12 votes/year on a single bug.

Still, I don't like the idea of someone casting several votes on
a bug, unless we also display the number of different voters next
to the total number of votes. Because a bug with 10 votes from 10
different voters is arguably more important than a bug with 10
votes by a single voter.