Can D be Interpreted?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 01:39:31 PST 2014

On 27 December 2013 09:37, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, 26 December 2013 at 22:01:40 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> In my experience with vibe.d, it's a massive pain in the arse that it's
>> compiled.
>> It seems to me that web dev involves squillions of micro-changes and
>> tweaks, and it's bloody annoying to compile and reboot the server every
>> time.
>> vibe.d apps should be compiled for deployment, but a JIT option while
>> developing/tweaking/tuning would speed up development by about 934x.
>> I think that's the main hold-up for vibe.d compared to popular
>> competition;
>> the iteration time is just not good, but otherwise it's awesome.
>>

> Could it be workable to have a minimal server + plugins design akin to
> what you did with Remedy for game functionality?

Yeah, that's come up before. I've thought about it, but I haven't tried it
out.
It sounds good in theory, but it will be interesting to see if there are
any significant inconveniences introduced by the DLL boundary.

I have so many things pending on my short-list. I need to find time for all
this stuff I wanna do! :P