std.complex

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Thu Jan 2 12:16:33 PST 2014

On Thursday, 2 January 2014 at 19:58:27 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> I agree that should be supported. I just think that template
> constraints should only be relaxed in the context of concrete
> test cases, otherwise you're making promises you don't know you
> can keep.

Yes, that is very true. Fixed-point is very sensitive to
precision-loss so it requires some careful thinking, so it is
definitively not a drop-in replacement type.

(It is actually useful on x86 too when you want reproducible
results across binaries and hardware, such as in peer-to-peer
syncing of computed state.)