D - Unsafe and doomed

Dylan Knutson tcdknutson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 00:22:45 PST 2014

The article, based on the title, struck me as FUD, and reading it
just confirmed that suspicion.

It really is just an advertisement for Rust. And I like Rust,
except for the buggy compiler and the near impossibility to do
advanced metaprogramming techniques. But, I like D better,
because (IMO) I can write more succinct, correct code without
having to fight the type system, and do insanely powerful compile
time and template magic (I'd like to note my project, Temple, as
an example of how powerful D's CTFE is: github.com/dymk/temple).

 From the article:
> and in particular does not provide safe constructs for
> concurrency

Did the author do their research at all? Of course D has safe
constructs for concurrency, albeit optional ones.