D - Unsafe and doomed

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 15:05:36 PST 2014

On Saturday, 4 January 2014 at 21:03:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I never trusted in the "hot new emerging trends" thing.
> Artifacts of
> quality take time to produce and develop, and bandwagons have a
> reputation of turning out to be disappointments. That goes for
> programming languages, and also software in general. What
> stands the test of time is what has the real value.

Yeah, the statement would have better been written, "D has been
around more than 10 years now, without much adoption and been
through internal segregation but appears to be pushing through
and increasing development support. While this past is
concerning, it has at least demonstrated survival ability."

But I'm not sure that is obvious from the outside, there
certainly is evidence that supports it.