Windows DMD installer/VisualD still not detecting paths correctly

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 03:51:27 PST 2014

On 5 January 2014 21:23, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 05.01.2014 03:38, Manu wrote:
>
>> On 5 January 2014 12:30, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com
>> <mailto:turkeyman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hmm, so I jigged it so it's able to find mspdb100.dll, but now
>>     link.exe complains: "The application was unable to start correctly
>>     (0xc000007b)."
>>     That's weird.
>>

>> Okay, my cludge was a 32bit/64bit dll mismatch. Works now, so it is all
>> about pathing problems.
>> This shit has really gotta 'just work' out of the box.
>>
>> Walter: Is it possible to completely override sc.ini? What needs to be
>> done to get there?
>> Rainer: What is the current state of VisualD's overriding sc.ini? What's
>> complicating the process?
>>

> I guess you are using the latest beta of Visual D, don't you?

Actually, I'm using the latest release. What's new in the beta?

The situation with multiple versions of Visual Studio installed is dealt
> with by always calling the linker separately (not through dmd). This still
> captures all settings from sc.ini, but overrides some if "override linker
> settings" is enabled.
>
> What seems to happen is that the default executable paths do not contain
> <VSInstallDir>\Common7\IDE, but this is needed by the linker to find the
> mspdb*.dll. PATH is modified to that respect in sc.ini, but it is patched
> by the D installer to the latest VS version only.
>
> So please try adding $(VCInstallDir)\..\Common7\IDE to the executable
> paths for x64 builds. I'll add this to the defaults aswell.

Perfect, that did the trick. Thanks!
I was pointing at an mspdb100.dll in a different directory. It was
complaining about version mismatch on rebuilds. This one seems to be the
correct one, and the complaining is gone.

[Unfortunately it seems this is a slight simplification, because for the
> VS2013 shell, the appropriate files are in $(VCInstallDir)\bin.

Nothing's ever so simple ;)