Graphics Library for D

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 23:36:48 PST 2014

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 23:25:38 -0800, ilya-stromberg
<ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 04:11:07 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> - Aurora is not a GUI library. Aurora is intended as a creative
>> graphics programming library in the same concept as Cinder. This means
>> that it will be much closer to game's graphics engine, in terms of
>> design and capability, than a UI library; therefore we should approach
>> the design from that standpoint.
>
> Sorry, what does it mean? For example, I want to create minimal GUI (1-2
> buttons and text fields). Do you have any plans to support it?

Not at present, you could certainly use it to build a custom minimal GUI
toolkit but that is not it's primary function. It would probably be best
to think about Aurora as a graphics rendering toolkit. You tell us how to
draw the pixels and we'll do it as best we can on that device.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender