D - Unsafe and doomed

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Jan 6 02:01:28 PST 2014

On Sunday, 5 January 2014 at 16:21:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-01-05 13:58, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>
>> Well it depends. On my case, the technology stack is always
>> choosen from
>> the customers.
>>
>> Our freedom to choose is quite limited.
>
> One could think that the technology stack is chosen based on
> the task it should solve.

I oversimplified our use case.

Usually on my line of work, the company gets a request for
proposal given a certain problem and corresponding technology
being used.

We then look for developers with the skill sets being asked for.

The teams are usually a mix of people with the requested skill
sets and a new ones that will learn on the job as a means to
acquire those skills, in case similar projects appear.

So the direction of what technologies the company masters is
driven by customer requests, not by what we might suggest.

--
Paulo