Graphics Library for D

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:47:39 PST 2014

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 03:22:25 -0800, ponce <contact at gam3sfrommars.fr> wrote:

> On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 04:11:07 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> If you are interested in helping with a Cinder like library for D
>> and/or have code you'd like to contribute, let's start talking and see
>> what happens.
>
> First I must say I dislike the Cinder concept because C++ frameworks
> like this tend to have an extremely large scope (See_also: JUCE).

All graphics API's tend to have a large scope, it's a function of the
complexity of the task. I don't see this as an inherently bad thing, just
something that we need to think about while designing it.

> I work on GFM since 2012 (https://github.com/p0nce/gfm) which is 100%
> public domain, feel free to take anything from it. There is some overlap
> with Cinder's features: http://p0nce.github.io/gfm/
>
> It seems that you want graphics API abstraction, yet Cinder has none of
> this.

Um, this last statement makes no sense, that's pretty much exactly what
Cinder is...

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender