Is it possible for the deimos repositories to be added to the dub registry please?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:44:34 PST 2014

On 1/7/2014 8:34 AM, ilya-stromberg wrote:

> But we have a lot of different projects for C bindings, for example
> Derelict3 and derelict_extras:
>
> https://github.com/DerelictOrg
> https://github.com/p0nce?tab=repositories

Derelict 3 is actually at [1] and is soon to be deprecated in its
entirety in favor of DerelictOrg. derelict-extras is *not* a project.
It's just a naming convention some people, including ponce, have been
using for their dub packages when they make bindings that use DerelictUtil.

[1] https://github.com/aldacron/Derelict3/

> How can we join it at the single place?

I created DerelictOrg with the intention that is will be an umbrella
organization for dynamic bindings, all of which use DerelictUtil. Anyone
who wants to bring their dynamic binding in can, as long as they agree
to follow some simple rules for commonality. Soon I will be speaking to
ponce and others about bring their existing bindings into the organization.

The bindings in Deimos are, from what I've seen, all static. I do not
believe dynamic and static bindings should reside under the same roof.
They are too different in their usage.

That said, with dub on the scene, I don't really think it matters where
a project's source code is located. The dub registry puts them all
virtually in one place anyway. From a user's perspective, something like
DerelictOrg is an extra layer of convenience, but not anything I would
consider necessary. It's more of a benefit for the maintainers, as they
are able to more easily pool their resources.