Graphics Library for D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jan 7 00:01:44 PST 2014

On 2014-01-07 06:45, Adam Wilson wrote:

> That's why I want to keep the dependencies limited and low-level, if we
> only use OpenGL on OSX when can get away with a C interface.

Unfortunately you cannot. You need Objective-C just to bring up a basic
window. If you also want all the rest (application menu, dock icon and
so on) which is expect from every application on Mac OS X it requires
surprisingly a lot of code just to get the basics up and running. This
assumes if you want to avoid app bundles and plist config files.

Just have a look what was required to get the standard menus and dock
icons for a Derelict application using SDL:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict/browser/branches/Derelict2/DerelictSDL/derelict/sdl/macinit

Most of those files are bindings, here are the actual code:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict/browser/branches/Derelict2/DerelictSDL/derelict/sdl/macinit/SDLMain.d

--
/Jacob Carlborg