Graphics Library for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Jan 7 08:00:04 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 14:31:07 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-01-07 09:18, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad" Yes, sure. In theory
> it sounds easy. Although I suspect access to more of the
> Objective-C API's are necessary. That would either require more
> Objective-C code or using D, which comes back to the original
> problem.

Yep, you're right. You need to set up the OpenGL context  from
Objective-C, and the callbacks and... and... ;-)

So getting the OSApplication right for all platforms (uniform
facade) is an abstraction challenge, but the OpenGL calls are
pure C, so the Objective-C stuff is mostly about initialization
and setting up hooks for exception handling (like being put to
sleep, being asked to free memory/resources,...)

You probably don't need more than 500-1000 lines of Objective-C.