phobos dependencies

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jan 7 08:20:20 PST 2014

On 1/7/14 3:25 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
> Given that you *probably* imported "foo" with the plan to *use* one of
> its functions, you'll encounter an unqualified call sooner rather than
> later, and any "win" will promptly be lost.

It's not a one- or two-levels win, it's a transitive win. An unqualified
call in one implementation would trigger only one level of import.

That said I agree it's suboptimal, but it's a net improvement in the
compiler that requires zero changes to source code. According to Walter
it would also get rid of some forward declarations issues.

Andrei