Windows startup docs are out of date

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:29:40 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 21:26:07 UTC, Manu wrote:
> This doesn't work anymore. I don't know what the proper way to
> boot a Win32 app is.

The easiest way is to just write a regular program with a main()
instead of a WinMain. If you need the args, you can get them from
functions like GetModuleHandle, GetCommandLine, etc.

> Is it required to explicitly init the runtime?

If you want to use WinMain directly, yes, use Runtime.initalize
before doing anything else. But I say regular main is much easier.