Windows startup docs are out of date

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:32:38 PST 2014

On 8 January 2014 07:43, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 21:37:05 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> It complains and says to use rt_init(), and that exception handler thing
>> is gone.
>>

> blargh, well Runtime.initialize() without args works too.

It didn't work for me. Said it was deprecated... and to use rt_init().
Is there a difference? Why do Runtime.initialize() AND rt_init() both
exist? I don't like pointless aliases... I freak out that there's some
small difference that I don't understand.

 I think that page needs to be updated by someone who knows how it should
>> look.
>>

> Yeah, and it'd be good to add the note that doing your own WinMain isn't
> actually needed... and use MessageBoxW.

But yeah, it needs to be updated with the latest best practise.