Declaration syntax

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:35:18 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 00:23:34 UTC, deed wrote:
> 1. Are there technical reasons not to do it this way, like
> grammar/ambiguity, parsing time, etc.?

I can't think of any, it is pretty simple to parse either way.

> 2. Have others been thinking in same direction playing with
> converters or alternative front ends?

I know there was one to make D look more like python a while ago
that was recently discussed again on the forum but I can't
remember what it was called right now.

>    At this point the readability and overview would be improved
> IMO.

I don't agree; I find that backwards and weird. Comes down to
what you're used to probably.

Another option might be to put tabs in there so you write

void    foo()
int     bar()

and so on so the names are vertically aligned.