Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jan 7 22:08:54 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 01:57:21AM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
[...]
> Anywho, let me get it back to the whole "minimal" thing....
>
> But put a single struct and it complains
> Error: TypeInfo not found. object.d may be incorrectly installed or
> corrupt, compile with -v switch
>

> even with -betterC :-( :-( :-(
>

> I don't even care about typeinfo; doing my own runtime, I'd be ok
> with any function that needs it to simply fail to compile. I can do
> it myself with templates.

Couldn't you create some TypeInfo's with stubbed-out methods? Or does
that not work either?

[...]
> >Even the switch...case statement seems to be, at least partially,
> >implemented in the runtime
>
> Yea, for strings. My thing did a stupid loop for string cases :P

Isn't that what the druntime string switch function does too? :-P Last I
checked, it was also using a linear search through the cases.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.