Windows startup docs are out of date

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:46:19 PST 2014

On 1/8/2014 6:29 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 21:26:07 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> This doesn't work anymore. I don't know what the proper way to boot a
>> Win32 app is.
>
> The easiest way is to just write a regular program with a main() instead
> of a WinMain. If you need the args, you can get them from functions like
> GetModuleHandle, GetCommandLine, etc.

The easiest way is to use main() and add this to the DMD command line:

/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:5.01

This will give you a windowed app with no console popping up *and* the
command line args are still stored in Runtime.args and passed to the
main method just as they are in a console app.

Note that 5.01 is for 32-bit. 5.02 should be used when compiling for 64-bit.