Windows startup docs are out of date

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 05:26:43 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 11:17:24 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I have to say though, requiring additional linker arguments is
> pretty lame.

They aren't really required, the program will work without them,
the linker argument tells the operating system not to allocate a
console for this process.

That's not always wanted; I like having a console for printf
debugging even with a gui.

But on my system, I made a separate little script that adds the
linker argument so I don't type it out often when I want that.
You might consider doing the same.

BTW I think dmd should have more linker pragmas though. I
wouldn't mind a pragma(windows_subsystem, "windows") as well as
things like pragma(manifest, "<some xml>") or pragma(resource) or
pragma(module_definition) and so on. But eh I can see the
arguments against these too.