Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Jan 8 07:21:04 PST 2014

Am Tue, 7 Jan 2014 22:08:54 -0800
schrieb "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx>:

> > >Even the switch...case statement seems to be, at least partially,
> > >implemented in the runtime
> >
> > Yea, for strings. My thing did a stupid loop for string cases :P
>
> Isn't that what the druntime string switch function does too? :-P
> Last I checked, it was also using a linear search through the cases.

But IIRC druntime does some UTF normalization or something on strings
or was that only for foreach over strings? D's 'UTF support' is a
little to heavy for small runtimes. We need to make that opt-out for
the runtime as I suggested in this reply:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fdsovuxnffmnpqhfmpts@forum.dlang.org?page=6#post-lajpgk:242jkc:241:40digitalmars.com