Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 07:48:22 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 15:05:56 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> IIRC Andrei wants _d_newclass to be independent of ClassInfo
> anyway (by making it a template).

me too

> Runtime variadic arguments need typeinfo IIRC. We'd have to ban
> calling those functions with -fno-typeinfo or if any of the
> arguments

...you know, they don't strictly *need* the data. Most variadic
args are checked by doing if args[1] == typeid(int)... which is
just a magic number comparison.

The actual classes and other info aren't needed. (Indeed, I think
the classes aren't needed anyway since we can get that info
through __traits anyway nowadays. In fact in my minimal.zip thing
I have a template that makes typeinfo objects out of trait info
to prove it.)