Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 08:30:32 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 16:22:55 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Are all the aApplay methods deprecated then? See
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/aApply.d

Oh, oops, you are right, my link command was pulling that in.
Here's the correct thing:

test.d:(.text._D4test9write_rawFxAaZv+0x39): undefined reference
to `_aApplycd1'

> But it is _some_ code.

Yeah, and since you're right about it needing a runtime function,
as long as you use the correct linker command the function will
not be found.

I like the link errors more than compile errors btw because that
makes it easy to opt-in to these things if you do want them:
simply implement the missing function.