Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Dwhatever not at real.com
Wed Jan 8 10:56:26 PST 2014

My question is what do all these TypeInfo and ModuleInfo have to
do with operating systems? Assuming that TypeInfo and ModuleInfo
has really nothing to do with the OS, I see no problem with it.
Sure it is nice to be able to remove it for certain embedded
system where size is critical but for many embedded systems this
is not necessary. Why remove key parts of the language when it is
the OS dependency that is the problem?

My view is that there is no clear distinction what is independent
of the operating system and what is operating system dependent in
the runtime. What is part of the langauge and what is not?