GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:23:36 PST 2014

On 9 January 2014 01:15, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 07/01/14 05:43, Manu wrote:
>
>> Well I'm home from the christmas/new year thing, figured I should kick
>> this off.
>> Nothing to see yet, I'm just drafting some bits out, and knocking
>> together a
>> working shell. It'll be more interesting when I get something on screen
>> and all
>> that ;)
>>

> Not having looked at the code yet -- is this meant as a Windows-only
> project (for now at least) or cross-platform from the start?

I have a rabid portability fetish, don't be alarmed if a dreamcast version
appears ;)
But I do dev on Windows, I just need to fire up Linux to produce build
instructions.

That said, I only regularly build Windows and Linux. I don't have an OSX
computer, but the only thing that's missing is window creation and
re-routing a couple of API's that are not linux compatible.
For the moment I'm just trying to get someone interesting on screen in my
spare time... from there, I expect there'll be more to talk about.

Other platforms like handhelds are contingent on D support for those
platforms, and I very much hope this project may offer some good test bed
for development in those areas.