Graphics Library for D

finalpatch fengli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:56:18 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 23:29:59 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> Even with a full port of 2.4 to D it would still fall under the
> BSD 3-Clause license which is not Boost compliant IIRC. So it
> will never end up in Phobos. If I am missing something let me
> know, because a Phobos Software Renderer is a good idea.

Hi Adam,

We don't necessarily have to port AGG to D. Instead, I suggest we
produce something that resembles its design (a set of very
flexible components that can be put together through template
instantiation at compile time), but in idiomatic D.  With the
power of D, the group wisdom of the community, and the lessons
learned from AGG and other prior projects, it's very possible we
can produce something even more impressive than AGG. Since it's a
pure software renderer, the scope of the project will be a lot
more manageable than GPU based solutions.