Graphics Library for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Wed Jan 8 16:19:58 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 23:56:19 UTC, finalpatch wrote:
> we can produce something even more impressive than AGG. Since
> it's a pure software renderer, the scope of the project will be
> a lot more manageable than GPU based solutions.

You could try the REYES algorithm, it should give more accurate
results than the scanline AGG uses (which I assume uses
alphablending for aliasing which produce inaccurate results where
edges meet.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reyes_rendering

Basically you partition edges into sub-pixel polygons and sort
them. Then you calculate visibility and coverage before shading.

You can also render stuff like fur with it because of the
precision you might be able to get on the subpixel level.