Where is contribution most needed to the D community?

Kira Backes kira.backes at nrwsoft.de
Wed Jan 8 23:45:07 PST 2014

Dear D users,

after a long time evaluating all options I think I finally
committed to D and vibe.d! Since I’ll have a lot of memory usage
and I want to do an MMORPG I always was scared off by GC-enabled
languages, but after thoroughly evaluating what this language
(and vibe.d) gives me in terms of performance, memory usage (this
is especially important, a lot of GC-languages like Java have
unacceptable memory bloat for objects etc.) and productivity I
think this is the best decision. Obviously I’ll have some work to
do later to move most of the objects out of the GC (they usually
live from the start of the server to the end of the server) but I
now thinks that this work is still a lot less then all the other
work combined. I especially like the built-in contract
programming, invariants and unit-tests and I think they’ll be
worth a lot! And even more awesome is the compile-time reflection
for serialization (very important for my projects).

So, what I actually wanted to ask, which part/project do you
think mostly needs contribution? The D documentation on this
page? Mono-D (I’ll be using that, already contributed to an
issue)? DUB? vibe.d and its documentation? More tutorials on a
seperate blog?

Please tell me what you think! :-)

rgds, Kira Backes