Should this work?

Kira Backes kira.backes at nrwsoft.de
Thu Jan 9 07:26:08 PST 2014

  On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 14:25:20 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
wrote:
> The best example in D is the deprection of indexOf. Now you
> have to call countUntil. But if I have to choose between the
> two names, indexOf actually tells me what it does, while
> countUntil does not. count until what?

std.algorithm.indexOf was deprecated, not std.string.indexOf, so
you can still use it of course and it still gives you the byte
(array-access) index of the supplied parameter. And countUntil
counts elements until it finds the supplied parameter. I think
this is logical and useful and easy to understand.