Should this work?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:25:13 PST 2014

On 10 January 2014 03:17, Regan Heath <regan at netmail.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:15:41 -0000, Regan Heath <regan at netmail.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>  In other words, why can't we alias or wrap the generic routines in
>> std.string
>>

> What I meant here is why can't we alias or wrap the generic routines (from
> std.range, std.algo.. into aliases/functions) in std.string.

We can and should. Very liberally.
I'm still very concerned about the magnitude of bloat that gets pulled in
by any of these modules though. They're all intimately connected, none of
them seem to be able to exist without all of the others.
And there are some really huge template functions out there. Massive
functions, which take multiple template arguments (N^2 permutations), where
the template types might only affects one or 2 lines... they need to be
broken down into very small template functions, and a non-templated inner
function.