Uninstall deletes user created folders too

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu Jan 9 10:03:03 PST 2014

On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 12:29:54 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> This is the second time this has come up. While I agree that
> leaving the D folder intact would be a safe default, it still
> seems weird that anyone would put anything irreplaceable in
> that folder. In my mind I always saw it as the equivalent of
> putting something in a particular program's Program Files
> subdir, i.e. you're likely to see it wiped if you uninstall it.

Before it was because Walter used Jordi's installer which runs
the uninstaller prior to installing (which is a good idea
usually). I wish I had realized then that having Walter switch it
back over to the regular installer wasn't really a true fix for
the heart of this problem since the regular installer also
removed the entire directory structure.