Should this work?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jan 9 12:19:40 PST 2014

On 2014-01-09 17:35, Marco Leise wrote:

> I Phobos should follow OpenGL in this regard and use a
> prefix like `etc` for useful but not finalized modules, so
> early adapters can try out new modules compare them with any
> existing API in Phobos where applicable (e.g. streams,
> json, ...) and report any issues. I have a feeling that right
> now most modules are tested by 2 people prior to the merge,
> because they spent a life in obscurity.

That has been suggested before and the counter argument is that people
will start using and complain when it's changed, even if it's in an
experimental. Someone here said that the javax. packages originally was
experimental packages to they continued to live in the javax namespace
to avoid breaking changes.

--
/Jacob Carlborg