Where is contribution most needed to the D community?

Kelet kelethunter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:59:10 PST 2014

And to expand a bit on my previous post with things I personally
thing are important and rather low hanging:

- Create style and layout templates for ddox to help us
non-designers
- Make DCD plugins for editors so they can autocomplete, go to
definition, etc.
- Create idiomatic D wrappers around deimos/derelict or any other
direct C bindings

But most of all, the D ecosystem simply needs users who are
willing to generate activity in the form of:
- Usage of D libraries
- Willingness to file issues and follow up on them should a
problem arise
- Release of software built using D
- Discussion within (mailing list, IRC) and beyond (reddit, HN)
the D community
- Documenting your experiences and creating said discussion
- Openness to test drive prospective "big players" in the
environment

To expand on that last point: I mean using things like DUB, ddox,
Mono-D or Pegged early on if possible. This makes them viable
that much faster, and we need an ecosystem that makes it simple
for a new user to come in and set up a project.

Regards,
Kelet